Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Gatineau Aquamemory Duo

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while, I've been so busy and I just couldn't find the time to do it, but I'm back now and today I'm showing you two new additions to my current skincare routine.

I picked up the Gatineau Aquamemory Duo a few weeks back and have added it into my daily night time skin care routine to put it to the test. I got mine for an amazing price in TK Maxx, this set usually retails for £48.50, but was reduced to £24.99. The one that I got was the last one and the box it was in was pretty beaten up, so I was offered a further 10% discount, meaning I only paid a mere £22.50 for it. Bargain! 




The set contains a 30ml Moisture Replenish Concentrate and a 30ml Moisture Replenish Cream. Considering the sizes are so small, these seem to be lasting me a really long time. I assumed I would get around 10 uses out of each, but I have been using these daily for almost a month now and have loads left. I am about 1/3 of the way through each of these so hopefully they might see me through til the end of September, although that might be asking a little too much, ha! 

I have been using the Moisture Replenish Concentrate as a serum, followed by the Moisture Replenish Cream as my moisturiser, after cleansing and toning. The Aquamemory Duo is designed to boost hydration, and while my skin isn't necessarily dehydrated, this has been working really well. I had never used any Gatineau skincare products before, so didn't know what to expect, however, from the first use, I could definitely feel the quality of both of these products. After cleansing and toning, I apply just one pump of the serum into my fingertips, which is enough to spread over the whole of my face and down my neck evenly. I then take a pea sized amount of the moisturiser and do the same. Both of these products sink into my skin more or less instantly, and don't feel tacky or sticky to touch. For such a small amount of product to provide such amazing moisture, I think it is definitely worth the full price.

The only drawback I have is that if I get this anywhere near my eye area, my eyes sting and start to water, so I do not go anywhere near the under eye and only use my eye cream for moisturiser there.

I would definitely recommend both of these products to anybody without hesitation. I have looked online and can't find the duo set that I got, so I assume it was limited edition, however you can buy both of the products individually here and here. The serum that I got in this set is actually the biggest size they do as far as I am aware and retails for £48.50 alone, so I essentially got it for around half price and got the moisturiser free. Don't you just love things that little bit more when you know you got a good deal! The full size moisturiser is £41.50 and comes in a 50ml jar, which is 20ml bigger than the one I have. Although these products are on the pricey side, I would definitely pay it as the quality is just amazing.

Hope this review helped! Does anybody have any recommendations of other serums and/or moisturisers I should try when I'm out of these two? Let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment