Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Lip Product Haul

So last week I was out shopping in Manchester with my boyfriend, and somehow managed to come home with a total of eight lip products. EIGHT! I'm not quite sure how it happened and thankfully, they cost me next to nothing, thanks to a few free rewards and a 3 for 2 offer. 


The first thing I picked up was a gorgeous Creme Smooth Lip Colour from Laura Mercier. I got the colour Royal Orchid as I thought it looked like a gorgeous 'my lips but better' shade. I had somehow managed to build up £20 worth of N.Dulge Reward Points, so when I got this to the till, it cost me a grand total of... Nothing! The price of the lipstick was exactly the same amount as the points I had built up, so I took this home feeling very smug at the fact I'd walked out of Space NK with a free lipstick. I haven't tried this lipstick yet, but will post a review when I get the chance to.


Next stop was House of Fraser, where I quickly went over to the MAC counter with six empty eyeshadow pots. With the empties, I did Back 2 MAC and got yet another free lipstick. I picked up the colour 'Lustering' which is a lustre finish. It isn't overly pigmented and just adds a nice shine of colour. The formula is very moisturising and feels very creamy on the lips. I have only worn this once, and the lasting power isn't as good as other MAC lipsticks that I have tried, I had to reapply after about two hours. However, I do not mind reapplying often and tend to do so anyway even if I don't particularly need to. I would highly recommend this shade as I think the colour is lovely and it would be great for people who want to try a brighter lipstick but not go too crazy with a super pigmented colour straight away. MAC lipsticks have increased in price yet again, they now cost £15, so walking away with one for free felt quite satisfying. 


Finally are the six that I am probably most excited about, which seems strange as all six together work out cheaper than just one of the above lipsticks would have cost alone. They are the Maybelline Baby Lips. I have been waiting for these forever and when I found out they had finally landed on UK turf, I couldn't stop myself from going on a wild hunt for them. I looked in my local Boots store the day after they came into shops, and there were none there at all. I did the same in Superdrug, with the same bad luck. 

So last week, on a trip to Manchester, I made it my mission to come home with all six in hand. And I did it! I found three in Boots on King Street, priced at a mere £2.99 each, and on a 3 for 2 offer, so I picked the three up for £5.98. Then we went into the larger Boots store, where no Baby Lips were to be seen anywhere. So we then ventured into the Arndale Centre and walked into Superdrug with everything crossed. There was a table with the last of their Baby Lips left. I found two of the three I was missing, and slightly disheartened, went over to the till to pay. But, with incredible luck, I found the final one near the till when I was queuing - no joke, I literally ran over to it squealing, slightly embarrassing, but I didn't care because it meant I had ALL 6! And, again, bought them on 3 for 2, meaning that for all six I only paid £11.96.

From left to right, the ones I got were: Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, Hydrate, Mint Fresh, Intense Care and Cherry Me. These are all really nice, there is nothing particularly special about them that makes them stand out over other lip balms, and I have certainly used better ones, but I'm so happy that I bought them and will continue to use, and probably re-purchase them. Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Cherry Me are tinted lip balms and provide a nice wash of colour on the lips, so could be used in replacement of a lipstick or gloss.

Hope you enjoyed looking at what I bought, or didn't in the case of the first two, HA!

If you have any lip product recommendations, then please leave them in a comment below so that I can check them out next time I go shopping.

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment