Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Sephora Haul

So today I'm showing you everything else I got from Sephora when I was on holiday in Italy. Wherever you take me in the world, I will find somewhere to buy makeup, living up to my name as a beauty addict. I bought makeup in duty free at the airport, and from Sephora and Kiko when I was actually on holiday. When I walked into Sephora, I literally felt like I had died and gone to makeup heaven. 

Warning: This might be quite a long post!


As we were walking down the street, I saw the black and white stripes of the Sephora shop, and a little squeal came out of me with no warning. But, I had to put my excitement on hold as it was closed, so I had to wait an agonizing five days before we went back into the city to shop. FIVE DAYS. But it was worth the wait and when I went, I did not hold back on spending the last of my euros.

Other than the Make Up For Ever item that I wrote about yesterday, I wanted to check out Sephora's own brand makeup more than anything as I could buy all of the other brands, such as Chanel, YSL and Dior at home. The things that I were drawn to most were the eyeshadows, after a marathon swatching session, I fell in love with 6 colours, 4 at full price (€11.90) and 2 which were on sale for €7.50 - bargain! 


Going clockwise from the top, the colours I chose were - Secret Boudoir, Californian Blonde, Dying For Fudge, Be On The A-List, Flirting Game, and Starry Sky.

Secret Boudoir is a matte creamy colour, which I think would be perfect as a subtle brow highlight, or as an all over base colour on the lid. Californian Blonde is a creamy gold colour, Dying For Fudge is a red toned bronze, Be On The A-List is a brown/taupe, and Flirting Game is a brown toned bronze - all of which have a satin finish. The final colour, Starry Sky is a dark grey with lots of silver shimmer running through it. The swatches below show how the eyeshadows look when applied to the skin.


The formula of the shadows is lovely, very creamy and blendable, and the colours are so pigmented. I think that the first 5 colours are gorgeous everyday colours as I am a neutral eyeshadow girl, but I think all six of them are perfect for a smokey eye for a night out or another special occasion. The only problem I have is with the colour Starry Sky as the shimmer in the eyeshadow produces a lot of fallout. I have to apply this while holding a tissue under my eye to catch the stray glitter so it doesn't end up all over my face making me look like a disco ball. Not cute!

I also picked up an eyeshadow palette which has 5 colours in it. The palette is called Taupe Model and contains the colours - Californian Blonde, Marie, Beige, Coffee Brown and also a liner colour called Mat Brown. As I was writing that list I just realised that one of the colours, Californian Blonde, is the same as one of the single eyeshadows I picked up - oh well, at least it's a colour I like!


(Swatches L-R : Californian Blonde, Marie, Coffee Brown, Beige, Mat Brown)

I think the palette is very nice and the formula of the shadows, again, is lovely. However, I don't think there is much difference between the colours Marie and Coffee Brown, so there isn't a great deal of variation between the colours. 

The final things I picked up were three eyeliners. I picked up two jumbo eyeliners and one normal eye pencil. The jumbo eye pencils eye chose were in the colours Beige and Dark Taupe Shimmer. The names are very fitting as they perfectly describe the colours. The liners are very creamy and blend really well, I have been using them as eyeshadows more than eyeliner and they work well for both. The staying power is very good, I have worn these for around 10 hours with no creasing and they are very waterproof... today's heavy rain put that one to the test!

The eye pencil that I got was in the colour Chocolate. I wear black eyeliner in my top and bottom waterline, but did not need to buy one from Sephora as I am very loyal to my Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long–Lasting Eyeliner in the colour Ebene, so I decided to get a brown eyeliner as I do not have one already. I have tried it and it is nice, but no match to my beloved Chanel, so I am still on the hunt for a brown eyeliner.


(Swatches L-R : Beige, Dark Taupe Shimmer, Chocolate)

If you've made it to the end of this post then you deserve an award.

Hope you've enjoyed looking at what I bought and if anybody has any recommendations for a brown eyeliner that I can fall in love with, then please leave it as a comment below.

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment