Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Kiko Eyeshadow in 125

Last month, I went on holiday to Lucca, a gorgeous little city in Tuscany, Italy. Most of the week was spent sightseeing, but we did manage to squeeze in some quality shopping time. As a beauty addict, the two most exciting shops I went in were Sephora and Kiko Cosmetics. Kiko is an Italian makeup brand which is very affordable but has amazing quality products.

I bought lots of things in Sephora, which I will be talking about in my next couple of posts, but I only had about 5 minutes to look in Kiko before meeting up with everybody for lunch, which meant I only got chance to pick up one item. But I am so pleased with the product that I bought and am seriously considering making a rather large online order. The product I picked up was an eyeshadow in the colour 125.



The colour I got is a satin type finish and is a grey toned brown. On a day to day basis, I go for very neutral colours on my eyes and this works perfectly for the outer corners and also through the crease. 

I paid €2.90 for this eyeshadow, and for the price of it, I did not think it would be anything to write home about. However, I am so impressed with the quality, it is super pigmented and you only need a small amount on your brush to get a good colour payoff. The eyeshadow blends well and is very buildable by applying more product until you get the intensity you want. 

I find the colour to be quite similar to one of my all time favourite MAC eyeshadows, Satin Taupe.


The swatches above show the two colours side by side. Kiko 125 is the top colour and MAC Satin Taupe is the bottom colour. The colours are very similar in the pan, but when swatched Satin Taupe is slightly more bronze, however, I find that when they are on the eyes, you can hardly tell the difference. 

I wish I'd had chance to pick up more of these, as well as some of Kiko's other products. I am thinking of ordering more Kiko makeup, so if you have any recommendations then please leave them in a comment below so I can check them out.

Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment